These next few recipes were picked out for someone who is looking for some quick and easy treats that are also very festive.
- 1/2 pound white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 24 miniature pretzels
- Orange colored sugar or sprinkles
- 6 green gumdrops, cut into four lengthwise slices
In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one pretzel in candy coating; let excess drip off.
Place on wax paper-lined baking sheets. If desired, fill pretzel holes with candy coating. Decorate with orange sugar or sprinkles. For stem, dip the back of one gumdrop piece into candy coating; place above the pumpkin. Repeat. Let stand until set, about 30 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3 medium firm ripe bananas
- 18 Popsicle sticks
- 1 package (14 ounces) vibrant green Wilton candy melts, melted
- 12 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- M&ms to fill cups
- In a microwave, melt white chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Peel bananas; cut in half widthwise. Insert sticks into bananas. Dip into melted chips, coating fruit completely; allow excess to drip off. Insert stick into a styrofoam block to stand.
- Insert a stick into each strawberry. Dip into green coating; allow excess to drip off. Insert into styrofoam block. Let stand until set. Using melted chocolate, pipe faces onto ghosts and ghouls.
- Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for at least 20 minutes. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup diced candy orange slices
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or raisins
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in oats, cereal, orange slices and chips or raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork. Decorate with raisin or chocolate chip eyes and orange slice mouths. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 6 dozen.