Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Caramelized Pears
This relish.com recipe is perfect to feed the whole family for a quick lunch or a light dinner. What stood out to me about this recipe is the caramelized pears—I’m a sucker for them! The cheese melts right into the bread and the pears making it a juicy, warm sandwich that is grilled to perfection.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 firm ripe pear, cored and cut into 16 slices
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 8 ounces Dubliner cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 8 slices soft sourdough sandwich bread
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Toss the pears in a bowl with sugar and add to pan. Cook until tender and golden, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and reserve.
- Return pan to heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate covered with paper towel and drain. Discard fat from skillet and wipe out.
- To assemble, place 4 slices of bread on a work surface. Layer each with 1 slice of cheese, 4 pear slices, 2 bacon slices, 1 more slice of cheese, and remaining slices of bread. Spread outside of each sandwich with remaining butter.
- Heat pan over medium heat until hot. Add 2 of the sandwiches, cover the skillet, and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Turn sandwiches, cover and cook until golden and the cheese has melted, about 3 minutes longer. Repeat with the remaining 2 sandwiches. (Can be made in a panini maker if you like.)
Bacon, Pear, and Raspberry Grilled Cheese
If you’re in a hurry and want to whip something together that will be delicious, you must try this recipe. Some people even say this pinchofyum.com sweet and salty treat is the best sandwich they ever made! Its quick and easy steps include these recipes:
- 4 slices sturdy, grainy wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red pear
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat griddle or panini press to medium-high heat.
- Assemble 2 sandwiches in this order: bread, 1½ tbs. preserves, pear, 4 slices bacon, 2 slices cheese, bread.
- Spread butter on top and bottom of sandwich and grill for 4-8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and top is golden brown.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe with Brie, Pear & Hazelnuts
This vegetarian grilled cheese sandwich made Dara, the host of cookincanuck.com, think of home. It certainly did the same to me. Its warm honey and pear flavors with the melted brie brings me back to a relaxing Saturday at home with a golden brown grilled cheese on my plate. Here is the recipe:
- 8 slices country-style whole wheat bread
- 4 oz. Brie cheese, sliced
- 1 medium ripe pear, sliced
- 4 tsp honey or agave nectar
- 4 tsp chopped hazelnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup (packed) arugula leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- On 4 slices of bread, lay the Brie cheese, pear, honey, hazelnuts and arugula, dividing evenly between the slices.
- Lay the remaining 4 slices of bread on top to form sandwiches.
- Preheat a cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Brush the top slices of bread with olive oil.
- Place the sandwiches top-side down in the preheated skillet. Brush the other slices of bread (now the top) with the remaining olive oil.
- Cook until the bottom slice of bread is golden brown. Flip over the sandwiches and cook until the other side of the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.